Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What's new with the Kopps

So I think we have established that I am not very good at keeping up to my Blog, but I promise to start writing on here once a week for posterity. So Seth and I just returned home from our wonderful trip to Seattle, WA. It was a much needed break for me to eat, tour the city, sleep late and be as completely lazy as I wanted to be. We were able to take one day and even drive out to Forks, WA and through the Olympic National Forest. It was absolutely amazing, and well worth the almost 4 hour drive. (My husband puts up with so much!!!) In reality though, it was nice to get to spend so much uninterupted time with Seth. We actually were able to have conversations that weren't spaced over the course of several hours because our children kept delaying them. It was beautimous. We were also able to see several of the "sights" including famous "Underground Tour", Pikes Place Market, The Space Needle and the Seattle Temple. Not to mention the fact that Seth did an awesome job with his presentation at the CEC (Council for Exceptional Children) and how proud I was to watch him recieve his award for Teacher of the Year. It was a great week, and we have many wonderful memories because of it. Sunday morning at 0'dark thirty we left our hotel at the Sheraton to drop off our rental car at the Airport and start our journey home. The plane ride was for 4 1/2 hours non-stop to JFK in New York. It wasn't too bad...we watched a movie on our laps, and even played some trivia gaming on the little TV's located on everyone's head rest....Airplanes have suddenly gotten a little more fun....However the connecting flight from New York, to Baltimore was not that wonderful. We basically boarded what I refer to as a "puddle jumper" which is basically a schoolbus with wings. I am serious people....little planes are NOT fun. First of all...there is NO room on these things...not to stand..sit...stow your stuff...anything. Second...I don't even know what the stewardess was needed for, because she sat right in front of us the whole time....Maybe it was because the flight was so short.....35minutes to be exact. But I can tell you, I will not be taking any little planes again anytime soon. I thought I was going to have a panic attack from the lack of space/air/room to breathe. But we made it to Baltimore thankfully, and were greeted by our wonderful children. I almost cried when Jaxon ran up to me and hugged me!!! I had missed that little bugger so MUCH!!!! And Evie!! It looked as if she had grown a foot since we saw her! As soon as she saw her Momma, she had this look of pure joy on her face. I must admit, it was heartwarming. From that point on she would not let go of me for 10 minutes....I had to squeeze in sideways between their carseats so that they could hold onto my arms and hands...The joys of motherhood!!! It was a really wonderful moment to see how much they missed us. Once we got home, it was funny to hear Jaxon talk about his week with Grammie and Pap. He immediately asked us where his presents were....and then showed us the stuff that Grammie had bought him while we were away. Yesterday he asked us the funniest thing.....
Jaxon-"Mommy when are we going to Target?"
I said to him, "Jaxon, we are not going to Target today."
Jaxon-"But MOM...We need to GO there"
Me- "Why do you need to go to Target?"
Jaxon- "Cause, Mom! That's where you GET stuff...at Tar-GET."

And while we are on the subject...here are another few conversations that we have had lately...

Seth was shaving for church one morning and Jaxon was watching him in the bathroom. Jaxon thought that the whole process was quite intreaging. Seth apparently uses clippers to cut his beard down, so he can then shave off the stubble with a razor. Jaxon, sitting nearby notices that Seth's beard hair was falling down into the sink.
Jaxon-"Daddy what are you doing?"
Seth-"I'm shavin my beard"
Jaxon-"But DADDY!!!!! Your FACEFEATHERS are falling OFF!!!!!!"


Another night, Seth and Jaxon were sitting around a campfire at our neighbors house. As they threw on the logs to keep the fire going, the sparks would fly up into the air. Jaxon saw these and commented:
"Daddy!!! Did you see those FIRE SPRINKLES???????"

I will keep you all posted on any exciting new conversations that are to be had with Jaxon...

No comments: